• News

    Summit Residents Displaced Following Fire and Water Damage

    More than 35 residents at the Summit were displaced after a small fire broke out on Nov. 14 around 10 p.m. The Fire Department of New York believed someone was smoking a cigarette in the second floor garbage room and threw it out while still lit, which caused flames. They said it was not a case of arson and most likely an accident. No one was injured during the fire or flooding, Summit authorities said. “There is no fire damage to any of the apartments and very little fire damage to the second floor trash room. The building’s sprinkler system worked exactly as it is meant to and the fire…